So here we are now. Respected Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi just delivered a speech today. The Coronavirus pandemic is at large now. It is time, India takes serious steps to curb the spread of the virus. In a nationwide speech delivered today, the Prime minister requested each and every citizen of the nation to stay calm and keep themselves at home during Coronavirus Lockdown.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 24, 2020
Coronavirus Lockdown: What Prime minister had said to curb the spread of Coronavirus?
- PM Narendra Modi announced a complete lockdown across the country for 21 days starting from 24/03/2020 midnight.
- Today marked his second address to the nation on the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic raging globally.
- He said the decision will have an economic cost and the nation might be facing financial troubles later on.
- But saving people’s lives is of the highest interest to his government.
- He said, “If we don’t handle these 21 days well, then our country, your family will go backward by 21 years.”
- There will be a complete restriction on people from stepping outsides their homes, he said while folding his hands to symbolize his request.
It is made clear that our actions will determine to what extent we can control the disaster. The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak has put daily lives at a standstill. This lockdown will affect the country in many ways in the long run. But the government is ready to pay the cost. This symbolizes the fact that the government is at the authority so long as there are humans alive. And they intend to keep it that way. Modi said, “We need to break the cycle of the infection”. It is correct, we need to stand as one nation, one planet, one race.
Currently, India has detected 519 active cases of the coronavirus, and 9 people have died of the same. The country is trying everything under its control to keep its citizens away from danger. The virus is spreading exponentially. Scientists based mainly in the United States suggested that India’s tally of infections could spike up to 1 million by May if the virus maintains its rate of spread. It needs to be stopped now.